Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weekend Follies

This past weekend we decided to venture to the lake to fix some things that could not be ignored any longer and possibly some fishing time.  Which no, I am not a avid fisher-woman, but my family is so I tag along and enjoy their antics. 

We got to the lake property - a make shift cabin that has been added on numerous times.  It started as a 1 oversized garage, now is a living area with tv, kitchen with eatin table, bathroom with something that can almost resemble a shower, a good size bedroom - and good thing since there is only one and an alcove that houses a freezer, bar and keg cooler that doesn't get used as a keg cooler - it houses all of our drinks for us and the kids. 

This weekend we installed a P-tac unit (similar to the in the wall units that you can find in most budget motel rooms.  However this one is newer and works like a charm!.  We had central heat and air, but all the critters have torn the flex duct under the cabin out and no longer functions as it should.  We moved the AC window unit that was in the kitchen window to the bedroom window to cool that room. 

I had a rock fire pit, that over the years has taken a very hard hit - so last week in the shop (we own a plasma table that cuts metal- we use it for ductwork manufacturing, but every once in a while I get creative and whip something out - my current project are Crosses - but that will have to be a different blog) I created a personalized fire ring.  I cut 3 bands of black iron metal with our name and stars cut out at the top and made them 22 inches tall.

This is my plasma table.

With the help of my husband using the roller, we finally rolled the black iron enought to resemble a circle shape when all were connected.  Using 15 bolts and locking nuts, we bolted all 3 pieces together. 

This is the roller.

Extra black iron plate - husband thought 4 was over kill - go figure!

So... the finished product and installed ......




 We had a great weekend, accomplished a lot on our list, got the cabin ready for summer, mowed, and fished a little. 

The fishing was not at all productive though... the only thing that was caught besides a barely keeper size crappie was this .....

Now imagine if you will , my 17 yr old daughter Sarah was fishing on our dock when she thought she was stuck in trees/brush under water quite common on our lake.  So dad comes over to help out Sarah and they both have decided they are going to have to cut the line.  Just about the time the have decide to, it "pops" loose and low and behold this is what my daughter caught.  Never in a million years would I have guessed this little baby was laying around under us while we swam, etc. 




AND, believe it or not, my husband just puts in BACK IN the water.  What is he thinking?  I don't want it to get bigger and I definited dont want it in the lake, or at least my our dock.  Come on, you're dealing with Miss Afraid of all creatures.  I am not a squeally one, I don't shireek at ever little mouse - but I DO NOT LIKE THEM! 

Well that was my fun weekend - hope your's were just a good and eventful and productive!  Thanks for checking me out ! :)  Have a great one!

3 comments:

  1. Jeffie said that those are quite common from the "White River" lakes. They call them water dogs. I don't care what they call them! They are FREAKIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the firepit! How do you think one will look in our back yard Amy? Love ya Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made that personalized fire ring? That's awesome! What a fun thing to have. And, way to go organzing your office.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete