Monday, April 25, 2011

Purse Fetish

Okay, a couple of days ago Anusha posted a blog about a ruffled bag ( http://anushab4u.blogspot.com/2011/04/black-n-white-ruffled-bag-tutorial.html) that was too cute for words!  So, I had to give a go at it ... and this is my first attempt.  Doesn't look as good as hers, but not bad if I do say so myself. 


So, after that was finished and ready for me to use for church on Easter. I decided to make the "ducttape" bag my sister and niece asked me to make.  I have previously made one for me to carry my bible, pens, gum, etc in for church, so that I alway feel prepared.  They saw a picture of that bag and wanted one for themselves.  I forgot to take pictures as I was making my sisters bag.  Her only request that was I put a "FROG" on it acronym for Fully Forever Rely on God.  This was a tricky - especially out of ducttape.

Here is the fisished product....

Over view

Inside View - I even gave her a interior pocket.

Close up .. FROG and detachable key chain

I finished her bag in approximately 2 hours from start to finish - pretty easy job. Good thing too because she asked for it for her birthday and it happens to be May 14th.  Just in the nick of time!

Next was my niece's turn.  She is graduating from high school on May 17th and asked for a bag.  Her bag ideas have changed from week to week. First it was going to be purple and yellow for the college that she was going to attend.  Then it was just blue and anything else so that she can use it to carry her bible in as well.

Here is how hers turned out.  I decided to make a 'take-off' of Anusha's ruffle bag.  And this is the outcome...


Inside view - I gave her a smaller pocket...but there is still a pocket


Hanging view of finished purse.


Close up view - she even has a hanging keychain - shape of a cross.

Recipes coming soon.  Tried a couple new inventions and you might just like them.

Have a great day and try, oh try, to stay dry!

3 comments:

  1. You know that I am in LOVE with your ruffle purse, but now I am coveting the duct tape fringe bag! You are so crafty girl! So glad I can say your my friend! ;)
    (jacshembree.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great!! Thanks for sharing! My girls will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful....love all the bags..

    ReplyDelete